The Sámi Cultural Centre Sajos is situated on the bank of River Juutuanjoki in Inari Finland. Sajos is the centre of Sámi culture and administration.
The purpose of the Sámi Cultural Centre Sajos is to create better possibilities for the Sámi in Finland to preserve and develop their own language, culture and business activities as well as to manage and develop their cultural self-government and to support the development of their general living conditions. The Sámi Cultural Centre Sajos is funded by 5 million euros by the European regional development fund.
SAJOS - SOMETHING DIFFERENT
* Versatile and modern premises with state of the art conference technology
* A journey into the living culture of Europe's only indigenous people
* International location
* Exotic natural surroundings on the shore of lake Inari
* A variety of activities available - from relaxing to energetic
* Unhurried learning
* Experiences to set all the senses racing
* Info: Mon-Fri 9 AM - 5 PM, Sat-Sun closed,
* Duodji Shop:
Mon-Fri 10 AM - 5 PM, Sat-Sun closed
* Restaurant Lyeme: Serves in conferences and events, as ordered
* Sami Library: Mon-Tue 1 PM - 7 PM, Wed-Thu 10 AM-5 PM, Fri 10 AM-4 PM, Sat-Sun closed
* Sami Archive
* Sami Educational Institute
Check out the new brochure of Sajos!
Welcome to Sajos!