The Sámi Cultural Centre Sajos is situated on the bank of River Juutuanjoki in Inari, in Finland. Sajos is the centre of Sámi culture and administration. Sajos attracts national and international interest, and it is an exciting meeting place of multiculturalism.
The purpose of the Sámi Cultural Centre Sajos is to create better possibilities for the Sámi in Finland to preserve and develop their own language, culture and business activities as well as to manage and develop their cultural self-government and to support the development of their general living conditions. The Sámi Cultural Centre Sajos is funded by 5 million euros by the European regional development fund.
SAJOS - SOMETHING DIFFERENT
* Modern premises and the lates in conference technology
* A journey into the living culture of Europe´s only indigenous people
* International location
* Exotic natural surroundings on the shore of lake Inari
* A variety of activities available - from relaxing to energetic
* Unhurried learning
* Experiences to set all the senses racing
* Info: Mon-Fri 9 AM - 5 PM, Sat-Sun closed,
* Duodji Shop:
January 2014: Mon-Fri 10 AM - 5 PM, Sat-Sun closed
* Restaurant Galla: Mon-Fri 9 AM - 4 PM (lunch buffet 11 AM - 3 PM)
* Sami Library: Mon-Tue 1 PM - 7 PM, Wed-Thu 10 AM-5 PM, Fri 10 AM-4 PM, Sat-Sun closed
* Sami Archive, tel +358 50 562 3676/Suvi Kivelä
* Sami Educational Institute
Welcome to Sajos!